Monday, January 22, 2007

Cast of Characters

So here it is, my first ever blog entry. The chronicles of a day in the life of a wife and mother -- a spirit raiser, confidence builder and cleaner of toilets. As a child, all I really ever wanted was to be a mother. Ok, and maybe also an actress. But sometimes, sometimes when I've had three great cups of coffee and everyone is all smiles I can't believe this is really my life. Unbelievable. I get to be out and about in the world caring for my own little family and loving them in such a profound and honest way. How cool is that?

So, dear reader, the cast of characters are as follows:

Myself- Former sorority girl, turned yuppie advertising assistant, turned freelance writer, turned target & coffee obsessed hippie momma.

BCD- Husband extraordinaire. Dashingly handsome, southernly charming with hair that should be on Grey's Anatomy. Not happy when hungry.

GMD- Grant Myrick Drake, Bugsy, Bugsaroosey, Mr. Grant -- born 12-12-05, You've never such personality in such a little package of a person. He's got his daddy's sense of humor, and his mommas red headed zeal. Watch out world.

Ella - EBB, Ella Bella Badinski, our beloved golden retriever - loyal and haphazard bird dog, our trial run at parenting, she is a really nice person.

That about sums us up. Of course there are a bunch of support cast, but we'll get to them over time. Patience my dear reader. Before you know it, you might know more about them then you should.

So enjoy the blog and my musings on life as a stay at home mom in Austin, Texas. These are the words of my all time favorite fortune cookie "Life, to you, is a dashing and Bold Adventure!"
Here's to making it as such.

1 comment:

BD said...

Great work sweetheart! Looking forward to more posts!