Thursday, December 13, 2007

TWO


I awake on Wednesday morning to the realization that on this day, two years ago, I gave birth to this amazing kid laying in between us in the bed. Can it only have been two years? Has it already been two years? It's an amazing day mostly because it brings to light some strong sentiments I have about this little one's life. He has been such a joy to get to know and also he has been a window to my soul's aching to live its true life. Which, as a mother, it turns out I am.

I decide that on this day, we will do anything that he wants to do. Microwave an apple and see it explode? Sure! Climb a ladder and turn on and off lights? Of course! Play in the tub with mamma's shaving cream? Ok! Throw sprinkles on the floor and stomp in them? no problem! Eat only cupcakes, well how many times do you turn two?

No comments: